We're about 8 days into Public Beta, so let's start seeing nominations for becoming a moderator.
If you nominate someone else, you could write why you are nominating that user.
Vote up who you think is an appropriate candidate, and down who you think is not a good fit. Votes on nominations indicate a rough acceptance by the community.
The Pro Tempore moderators are appointed by the Team. When the site will graduate, it will hold its own Site election.
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so we can see their activity.
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about themselves.
- Self nominations are okay, and even encouraged. Most sites have not had sufficient time for many users to stand out. Self nomination is simply a way to say, “I’m interested. Let my record speak for itself.”
- Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
How Moderators are Appointed Pro Tem
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.