We're about 8 days into Public Beta, so let's start seeing nominations for becoming a moderator.
According to the blog post Moderator Pro Tempore and following the 7 Essential Meta Questions of Every Beta, let's see how is a moderator appointed and other important info.
If you nominate someone else, you could write why you are nominating that user.
Vote up who you think is an appropriate candidate, and down who you think is not a good fit. Votes on nominations indicate a rough acceptance by the community.
The Pro Tempore moderators are appointed by the Team. When the site will graduate, it will hold its own Site election.
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so we can see their activity.
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about themselves.
- Self nominations are okay, and even encouraged. Most sites have not had sufficient time for many users to stand out. Self nomination is simply a way to say, “I’m interested. Let my record speak for itself.”
- Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
How Moderators are Appointed Pro Tem
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.