At one point in time (long after graduating from my university where I studied Software Engineering), I understood that I love Russian language and different facts about Russian.
Sites that help me answer the questions on Russian.SE:
- Yandex Dictionaries - search in many explanatory dictionaries, synonym dictionaries, etc.
- Russian National Corpus - has advanced options for finding word usage in texts, movies, etc. Texts are indexed starting from 1800.
- Google Ngram Viewer - Basic search for word usage in books since 1800. Good thing is that you can see the page of the book where the word or expression was found.
Other helpful sites that are picked by members of Russian.SE community: Resources for learning Russian.
- Russian Language 11.3k 11.3k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Ukrainian Language♦ 7.2k 7.2k 33 gold badges2424 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2k 2k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 695 695 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Русский язык 671 671 11 gold badge77 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 Why have class-level access modifiers instead of object-level?
- 30 What is the meaning of my last name, Явтушенко?
- 26 Как бы звучало по-русски название медведя *r̥ḱs-os/*r̥ḱt-os, доживи оно до наших дней?
- 23 "Фотографія" чи "світлина"?
- 22 How common is angle-shaped Л in modern Russian?
- 21 Как возникло слово "прошивка" в смысле firmware (программа в телефоне, читалке, другом гаджете)?
- 20 Проверочное слово к слову «окрестность»
- View more network posts →